The Rickey Smiley Morning Show
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
No purchase necessary. A purchase will not increase a participant’s chances of winning.
The Rickey Smiley Morning Show “ATM” Contest (“Contest”) will begin on Monday, September 24, 2012 and end on Friday, October 26, 2012 (“Contest Period”) unless otherwise terminated earlier or extended at the sole discretion of the Company (as defined below). Winners will each be awarded pre-designated cash prizes and one (1) $100 Gift Card from Citi Trends. Cash prize amounts to be awarded will vary between a minimum, of $100 to a maximum of $1,000.
HOW TO ENTER:
Listeners of the Rickey Smiley Morning Show (also “Program”) on affiliate stations including, but not limited to WPWX-FM, KBFB-FM, WHTA-FM, WPHI-FM, WHTD-FM, WEDR-FM, WHHL-FM, WERQ-FM, WENZ-FM, WJHM-FM, WNOV-AM, WNOV-FM, WKJX-FM, KVSP-FM, WGNL-FM, WGNG-FM, KCLT-FM, WENN-FM, WWPW-FM, KJMM-FM, WTMG-FM, KZTS-FM, WHXT-FM, WJZE-FM, WEUP-AM/WEUZ-FM, WFXA-FM, WRBJ-FM, WQHH-FM, WOWE-FM, KBTT-FM, KBLZ-FM, KAZE-FM, WKXN-FM, WIBB-FM, WSEA-FM, WDAI-FM, WMNX-FM, WRVZ-FM, WBFA-FM, WJJN-FM, WRSV-FM, WYNN-FM, KBCE-FM, KRVV-FM, WLYX-FM, WJIZ-FM, WMSU-FM, KJMZ-FM, WJXM-FM, WGBZ-FM, WGBZ-FM, and WGBZ-AM (the “Participating Stations”) who are legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States (excluding Rhode Island), and are twenty-one (21) years of age and older at the time of entry will be able to take part in this Contest. To participate in the Contest, listeners must do the following:
1. Listen to the Rickey Smiley Morning Show weekdays (Monday through Friday) anytime after 6:00am Eastern Time during the Contest Period for announcements about the Contest.
2. Contest participants must text the keyword “ATM” to shortcode 80185 to enter the Contest and receive the daily four-digit ATM pin number(s). The mobile device of the contest participant must be capable of sending and receiving text messages to participate in this Contest. Standard text and data rates will apply. One entry per person via text message during the Contest Period.
3. All entries must be received by 11:59pm EST on October 25, 2012.
4. Once daily, Monday – Friday during the Contest Period, The Rickey Smiley Morning Show will solicit listeners to call in when they hear the “ATM Sounder” (“Sounder”) and be caller number fifty (50) at 1-866-974-2539. The correct caller must provide that day’s winning ATM Pin Number to win that hour’s monetary prize.
5. Participants may only win once during this Contest.
1. The Contest will be conducted in real time on the Participating Stations broadcasting Rickey Smiley Morning Show and is open to listeners of the Program who are eighteen (18) years of age and older at the time of entry and are legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States (excluding Rhode Island).
2. Employees of Rickey Smiley Morning Show, the Participating Stations, Syndication One, Radio One, Inc., REACH Media Inc, (collectively, “Company”), Dial Global Communications, We Fix Money.com, Breakwind Entertainment, Citi Trends and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, promotion partners, sponsors and advertising and promotional agencies (together with Company, collectively, “Contest Entities”) and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in their same households (whether or not related) are NOT eligible to participate or win in this Contest.
3. Once an individual wins a prize in this Contest, they are not eligible to win another prize in this Contest except as specified within these rules.
4. Persons who have won a prize in another contest or promotion of any kind from the Program within the thirty (30) day period immediately preceding the start date of this Contest are not eligible to participate. Only one person per family or household (whether related or not) may win in any promotion from the Program during any thirty (30) day period.
5. The Company at its sole discretion will choose whether or not to air the winning notification call or publish the name of the day’s Winner. Company assumes no responsibility for any computer, telephone, cable, network, electronic or internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability, traffic congestion, unauthorized human intervention, or any error or malfunction.
1. Cash prizes in varying amounts from a minimum of One Hundred Dollars ($100) up to a maximum of One Thousand Dollars ($1,000), and a One Hundred Dollar ($100) Citi Trends Gift Card will be awarded to Rickey Smiley Morning Show listeners that become the designated caller and provide the correct ATM Pin Number during the Contest Period. Cash prize amounts to be awarded are random.
2. Gift cards are subject to terms and conditions specified by issuer.
3. All cash prizes won will be awarded in the form of a check.
4. To the extent that prize elements are provided by third-party providers, winner agrees to look solely to applicable prize providers with respect to any claims, losses, or disputes in connection therewith.
5. No substitution of prize is offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted and non-cash prizes may not be redeemed for cash value, except as determined by station management and/or the Company in its sole discretion.
6. All Contest winners must sign and date official release and waiver forms as requested. Failure to do so will result in winner forfeiting the prize.
7. If for any reason a Contest winner provides notice that he or she has decided not to accept an awarded prize, the winner will be required to sign a release form acknowledging forfeiture of the prize. It will be at the discretion of the Contest sponsor and / or Contest administrator if another entrant is to be selected as the winner if time permits.
8. In the event any winner is found to be in violation of these Official Rules or is otherwise determined by the Company, in its sole discretion to be ineligible, he/she will be required to forfeit the prize or to reimburse the Company and / or any sponsor for the stated value of the prize if such a violation is found after the prize has been used by winner.
9. Winners must provide valid identification (i.e. via driver’s license, passport or other government-issued photo I.D.) to claim their prize. Identification documents must match information previously provided to the Station.
10. Company and its affiliates, agents and subsidiaries will have no responsibility or liability for damages, losses or injury of any kind resulting from in connection with acceptance, possession, or use of any prize.
1. During the Contest Period, eligible listeners will be encouraged to participate in the Contest by listening to Rickey Smiley Morning Show weekdays (Monday through Friday), for announcements about the Contest and text registration.
2. Rickey Smiley Morning Show will encourage listeners to text the word “ATM” to shortcode 80185 to receive the designated four-digit ATM Pin Number for the day.
3. Once daily, The Rickey Smiley Morning Show will play the Sounder and solicit caller number fifty (50) to contact the Show at 1-866-974-2539 and provide that day’s designated ATM Pin Number for a chance to win that hour’s designated monetary prize. If the caller does not provide the correct ATM Pin Number, they lose their opportunity to win the designated prizes and the next caller in the cue will be have the chance to answer until a caller with the correct ATM Pin Number is identified.
4. Upon becoming the designated caller, and providing the correct ATM Pin Number, winning contestants will be asked to provide their contact information (off the air); name, address, phone number, and email address.
5. The winners will be contacted by a representative of Syndication One and provided with instructions for claiming their prize.
6. Decisions of the Company with respect to any aspect of the Contest are final.
1. Winners are responsible for all applicable taxes associated with the receipt of the prize (prizes are not transferable and may not be exchanged).
2. Any person winning over $600.00 in prizes will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year for tax purposes and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS as required by law.
3. No purchase necessary. Contest is void where prohibited. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
4. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entrants participating during the Contest Period.
5. By participating in the Contest, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Contest, in any media now known or hereafter devised for advertising or promotional purposes without additional compensation, and must sign a publicity release prior to acceptance of the prize. By entering this Contest, each participant agrees to comply with the Official Rules and the decisions of the Company which shall be final and binding in all aspects relating to the Contest.
6. All Contest winners will be required to sign a liability release prior to acceptance of any prize. Pursuant to the liability release, the winner or winners will agree to hold Rickey Smiley Morning Show, the Participating Stations, Company, Dial Global Communications, Breakwind Entertainment, and Citi Trends, any other Contest parties and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of the foregoing, harmless against any and all claims or liability, directly or indirectly related to or arising from or in connection with Contest participation or the acceptance, possession or use / misuse of awarded prize or any portion thereof, or participation in prize-related activities, including but not limited to any related travel.
7. Winners must provide valid identification (i.e. via driver’s license, passport or other government-issued photo I.D.) to claim their prize.
8. Company retains the right to disqualify any entrant if all Contest rules are not followed. Contest void if prohibited by law.
9. Company reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the Contest in its sole discretion at any time without notice, which will become effective immediately. In the event any Winner is found to be in violation of these Official Rules or is otherwise determined by Company, in its sole discretion to be ineligible, he/she will be required to forfeit prize or to reimburse the Company for the stated value of a prize if such a violation is found after the prize has been used by Winner.
10. Rickey Smiley Morning Show, the Participating Stations Company, Dial Global Communications, Breakwind Entertainment , Citi Trends, participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for the inability of any entrant to complete or continue a telephone call, facsimile transmission or internet registration due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider
(ISP), communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries. In addition, Rickey Smiley Morning Show, the participating stations, Company, Dial Global Communications, participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for lost, misdirected, mutilated, illegible or incomplete Contest entries. Once submitted, entries become the property of the station and will not be returned.
11. By accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that Rickey Smiley Morning Show, the Participating Stations, Company, and Dial Global Communications, Breakwind Entertainment, Citi Trends have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or to any portion thereof, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
12. Rickey Smiley Morning Show, the Participating Stations, Company, Dial Global Communications, Breakwind Entertainment, Citi Trends, their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, participating sponsors and promotional partners will not assume any responsibility for any changes in the execution of the Contest, including; cancellation of the Contest as a result of the occurrence of events not within the control of Rickey Smiley Morning Show, the Participating Stations, Company, Dial Global Communications, their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, participating sponsors, promotional partners and other radio stations, such as acts of God, strikes, terrorists acts or criminal acts of third parties. In the event, such an act should occur; reasonable attempts will be made to offer the winner comparable prize(s) currently being offered by the station in lieu of the prize originally awarded.
13. Rickey Smiley Morning Show, the Participating Stations, Company, and Dial Global Communications, Breakwind Entertainment, Citi Trends are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by any of the equipment associated with or utilized in the Contest, and assume no responsibility for error omission, interruption, defect, failure, malfunction or delay in operation or transmission, or for any damage to participants phone, cell phone, mobile device, computer, hardware, software, or any other device, or for theft or destruction, tampering or unauthorized access to entry information, or for entries which are misdirected, inaccurate, incomplete or, inaudible, disconnected or any combination thereof) or for preemption or cancellation of the radio program, or for technical, network, typographical, human or other errors or problems relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or problems which may occur in the connection with the administration of the Contest, the announcement of prizes of in any Contest-related materials. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of Company, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Company reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest (or any portion thereof). Any attempt to defraud Company in any way will result in de-qualification of participant, and such participant will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSORS AND/OR CONTEST ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUR OF ANY ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST.
14. For a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Syndication One at: “Rickey Smiley Morning Show “ATM Contest”, c/o Contest Rules, 13760 Noel Road,
Suite 750, Dallas, TX 75240. For a winners list, send a self-addressed envelope to Company at “Rickey Smiley Morning Show “ATM Contest” c/o Winner’s List, 13760 Noel Road, Dallas, TX 75240.